WHERE YOU SIT IN THE CLASSROOM MAKES A DIFFERENCE.
Looking for a unique field trip opportunity that provides the added benefit of getting your students lost for a while? We've got the answer. P Bar Farms offers some good ole fashion farmin' fun that your students will enjoy and they can learn something in the process! Fun and education go together at P Bar Farms!
Life on the farm is unfamiliar to many students. P Bar Farms enjoys the opportunity to educate students about agriculture, farming and farm animals. We believe it is very important for students to understand where their food comes from...the answer is not a supercenter! Students will see corn growing in our corn maze and hear about milling wheat into 100% Whole Wheat Flour at our flour mill on the property, Stone Stack Mill. They will also be able to pick their own little pumpkin from our pumpkin patch. We enjoy seeing students kick up some dirt and get some fresh air. If you are interested in bringing your students to P Bar Farms please call (580) 445-MAZE (6293) to reserve your group's spot.
Our 2017 field trips begin September 21st and run through November 13th.
We schedule field trips Monday - Friday and days are first come, first serve. We answer emails and voicemail in order of arrival.
Field Trips last between 2 - 3 hours and include the following:
Program - we offer an educational program that has a different theme each year. The 15-20 minute presentation is interactive and is a lot of fun...its never boring!
- Maze - students will be allowed to try their problem solving strategies in our 2-part maze. A guide is available for younger students. Please remind parents to dress students according to the weather and wear old shoes, especially on rainy days!
- Lunch - bring sack lunches or make reservations for students and sponsors to enjoy our Hot Dog Meal which includes a hot dog, chips and a drink for $4.00. Concessions are also available for those with a sweet tooth. Please let us know how many Hot Dog Meals to expect on the day of your field trip.
- Farm animals - students will learn about our animals and enjoy some "hands on" experience feeding the animals in a safe way. We have chickens, rabbits, goats, horses and a very cute alpaca named Butch.
- Hay ride - students can ride to the pumpkin patch on our "hay-less" (too many allergies) hay trailer to hand pick their own little pumpkin to take home. Each paid admission includes one pumpkin.
- Farmyard activities - some free time will be allowed for students to romp around on our "countrified" playground equipment and the famous "Grasshopper" bounce pad.
- Mining Sluice - pan for archaeological treasure on our farm! Students get to take their finds home with him as souvenirs.
- General farm education - opportunities for students to ask questions about farming, farm animals or the maze.
Students and siblings: $6.50*
Parents: $5 (does not include pumpkins)
Hot dog meal: $4.00 includes hotdog, chips and drink
Concessions are also available in the Main Barn.
Looking for a unique venue for your next event? P Bar Farms has you covered!
BIRTHDAY PARTIES AT P BAR FARMS
Our barns provide the perfect setting for food and gifts and the farm provides several activities that keep kids entertained. There is never a dull moment! Why not have a hassle-free party for parents that is always a hit with the kids? Plus no cleaning your house before the party and no putting the house back together after the party! We are now offering party packages, all party packages have a 2 hour minimum. You can add additional hours if needed. We do not offer any substitution.
Party Package: Good
Our Good party package is perfect if your looking simply to rent one of our barns and don't need extra activities. The Good party packages includes:
- Choice of one of our barns
- Petting Zoo
Party Package: Better
Our Better party package includes everything from our Good party package, plus:
- Bounce Pillow
- Miniature Golf
- Use of our Sound System
Party Package: Best
Our Best party package is our greatest value. You'll receive everything from our good and better party packages, plus:
- (2) Games of Laser Tag OR (1) Escape Room
Duck and dive as you enjoy farm themed laser tag. Including (2) games for up to 15 people.
Problem solvers and creative thinkers love the challenge our escape room offers! Designed for groups of up to 12 players and takes 1 hour to complete.