WHERE YOU SIT IN THE CLASS ROOM MAKES A DIFFERENCE.
Looking for a unique field trip opportunity that provides the added benefit of getting your students lost for a while? We've got the answer. P Bar Farms offers some good ole fashion farmin' fun that your students will enjoy and they can learn something in the process! Fun and education go together at P Bar Farms!
Life on the farm is unfamiliar to many students. P Bar Farms enjoys the opportunity to educate students about agriculture, farming and farm animals. We believe it is very important for students to understand where their food comes from...the answer is not a supercenter! Students will see corn growing in our corn maze and hear about milling wheat into 100% Whole Wheat Flour at our flour mill on the property, Stone Stack Mill. They will also be able to pick their own little pumpkin from our pumpkin patch. We enjoy seeing students kick up some dirt and get some fresh air. If you are interested in bringing your students to P Bar Farms please call (580) 445-MAZE (6293) to reserve your group's spot.
Our 2017 field trips begin September 21st and run through November 13th.
We schedule field trips Monday - Friday and days are first come, first serve. We answer emails and voicemail in order of arrival.
Field Trips last between 2 - 3 hours and include the following:
Program - we offer an educational program that has a different theme each year. The 15-20 minute presentation is interactive and is a lot of fun...its never boring!
- Maze - students will be allowed to try their problem solving strategies in our 2-part maze. A guide is available for younger students. Please remind parents to dress students according to the weather and wear old shoes, especially on rainy days!
- Lunch - bring sack lunches or make reservations for students and sponsors to enjoy our Hot Dog Meal which includes a hot dog, chips and a drink for $4.00. Concessions are also available for those with a sweet tooth. Please let us know how many Hot Dog Meals to expect on the day of your field trip.
- Farm animals - students will learn about our animals and enjoy some "hands on" experience feeding the animals in a safe way. We have chickens, rabbits, goats, horses and a very cute alpaca named Butch.
- Hay ride - students can ride to the pumpkin patch on our "hay-less" (too many allergies) hay trailer to hand pick their own little pumpkin to take home. Each paid admission includes one pumpkin.
- Farmyard activities - some free time will be allowed for students to romp around on our "countrified" playground equipment and the famous "Grasshopper" bounce pad.
- Mining Sluice - pan for archaeological treasure on our farm! Students get to take their finds home with him as souvenirs.
- General farm education - opportunities for students to ask questions about farming, farm animals or the maze.
Students and siblings: $6.50*
Parents: $5 (does not include pumpkins)
Hot dog meal: $4.00 includes hotdog, chips and drink
Concessions are also available in the Main Barn.
Looking for a unique venue for your next event? P Bar Farms has you covered!
BIRTHDAY PARTIES AT P BAR FARMS
Our barns provide the perfect setting for food and gifts and the farm provides several activities that keep kids entertained. There is never a dull moment! Why not have a hassle-free party for parents that is always a hit with the kids? Plus no cleaning your house before the party and no putting the house back together after the party! The following facilities are available for rent.
Our Main Barn is lined with tin and wood and our collection of vintage farm related signs and memorabilia add to the rustic atmosphere. It has 3600 square feet to accommodate up to 200 guests and features a stage, kitchen, restrooms, sound equipment and ample electrical access. The table layout can be arranged in a variety of ways to fit your needs. The Main Barn is available throughout the year except weekends during the Corn Maze season, mid-September through mid-November.
PARTY BARN "THE STABLE"
Our newest party barn nicknamed "The Stable" has heat and air conditioning that can be reserved year round! The Stable is a comfortable space for smaller groups. It is perfect for most birthday parties, showers and company meetings.
ESCAPE P BAR
We are pumped about our new option for 2016! Escape P Bar is an hour long activity for groups of 7-10. It is challenging fun for the entire family and also works great as a company team building activity. Watch for further details, we are hoping to open Escape P Bar this fall and continue to offer it year round.