WHERE YOU SIT IN THE CLASSROOM MAKES A DIFFERENCE.
Looking for a unique field trip opportunity that provides the added benefit of getting your students lost for a while? We've got the answer. P Bar Farms offers some good ole fashion farmin' fun that your students will enjoy and they can learn something in the process. Fun and education go together at P Bar Farms!
Life on the farm is unfamiliar to many students. P Bar Farms enjoys the opportunity to educate students about agriculture, farming and farm animals. We believe it is very important for students to understand where their food comes from, the answer is not a supercenter! Students will see corn growing in our corn maze, visit animals in our petting zoo, pick their own pumpkin from the pumpkin patch and more! We enjoy seeing students kick up some dirt and get some fresh air. If you are interested in bringing your students to P Bar Farms please call (580) 445-MAZE (6293) to reserve your group's spot.
OUR 2018 FIELD TRIPS BEGIN SEPTEMBER 17th AND RUN THROUGH NOVEMBER 9TH.
We schedule field trips Monday - Friday and days are first come, first serve. We answer emails and voicemail in order of arrival.
Field Trips last between 2 - 3 hours and include the following:
Program - we offer an educational program that has a different theme each year. The 15-20 minute presentation is interactive and a lot of fun!
- Corn Maze - students will be allowed to try their problem solving strategies in our 2-part maze. A guide is available for younger students. Please remind parents to dress students according to the weather and wear old shoes, especially on rainy days!
- Lunch - bring sack lunches or make reservations for students and sponsors to enjoy our Hot Dog Meal which includes a hot dog, chips and a drink for $5.00. Concessions are also available for those with a sweet tooth. Please let us know how many Hot Dog Meals to expect on the day of your field trip.
- Farm animals - students will learn about our animals and enjoy some "hands on" experience feeding the animals in a safe way. We have chickens, rabbits, goats, horses and a very cute alpaca named Butch.
- Hay ride - students can ride to the pumpkin patch on our "hay-less" (too many allergies) hay trailer to hand pick their own little pumpkin to take home. Each paid admission includes one pumpkin.
- Farmyard activities - some free time will be allowed for students to romp around on our "countrified" playground equipment and the famous "Grasshopper" bounce pad.
- Mining Sluice - pan for archaeological treasure on our farm! Students get to take their finds home with him as souvenirs.
- General farm education - opportunities for students to ask questions about farming, farm animals or the maze.
Parents and siblings: $8 (does not include pumpkins)
Hot dog meal: $5.00 includes hotdog, chips and drink
Concessions are also available in the Main Barn.